Wednesday, May 25, 2011
10 Reasons To Buy Avocados From Avocado Diva
Why buy avocados from the Avocado Diva? Here’s our list ala David Letterman:
10. Have you ever eaten a grocery store tomato -- ? Compare that to a tomato your grandma grows in the heat of summer. Yeah – its like that. California, heritage avocados from the Diva are that much better than those small, yucky, grocery store avocados.
9. You’ll have a really hard time finding rare “heritage” avocados like the Diva has – unless you go to about 5 farmers market up and down coastal California – find the best avocados out of the whole market, and convince the rancher to sell them to you – right off his tree.
8. Avocados the size of your head. OR Avocados the size of a teacup. We have a wide variety of sizes – depending on what we find!
7. The Diva will send you specific recipes for the special size (grill up HUGE ones, oh yes! Or made amazing appetizers with mini avocados – amazing, yummy, delicious.)
6. Avocados are great sources of protein – the highest amount of protein of any fruit. Perfect for vegans, vegetarians, babies, young people, adults, and seniors.
5. Avocados are plentiful in monounsaturated fat (the good, yummy, vegetable kind) that is better for your heart.
4. Potassium – can you guess which fruit has the most? No – its not bananas – avocados have up to 3 times more than a banana! Plus numerous minerals, vitamin A and several vitamins Bs (including folic acid – important for fetal development).
3. What other fruit is made for drinking with beer? Or a margarita? We’re just say’n… (yum).
2. Avocados can be used instead of mayonnaise, butter or cheese on sandwiches to reduce calories by up to 75%! And the natural fattiness of the avocado helps keep you full much longer after a meal and can reduce overeating.
1. And the number one reason to buy Avocado Diva avocados – you deserve the best! And we’ll send you the best California heritage avocados at the peak of their tastiness.
Join our “avocado of the month” club today!
Posted by Avocado Diva at 9:58 AM